Endurance 101: a gentle guide to the sport of long-distance riding is the first book written specifically for beginning endurance riders.
Curious about endurance? Read this book!
EVERYTHING’S BETTER IN TWOS — FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JANUARY, GET A FREE E-BOOK WITH YOUR PRINT COPY PURCHASE
Two ideas for how you can use that:
1. Endurance conditioning is so much more fun with a training partner — send a free e-book copy to a friend!
2. If you are impatient for your print book to arrive, request the free ebook copy for yourself and keep it on your phone or tablet for handy reference (we don’t recommend reading it while riding, however).
DETAILS HOW THIS WORKS: Once you have ordered your print book (media mail or priority mail) via Paypal, we will send an email query so that you can specify the email where the free download should be sent (we’ll be doing this “by hand” so it may not be instantaneous) and whether you would like the .epub (Nook and most ereaders) or .mobi (Kindle) file format. Read our instructions on downloading and sideloading to learn how put the file on your device. If you have any difficulties, email us for additional help.
MORE ABOUT ENDURANCE 101
Gain the skills you need to succeed with the horse you have and learn what endurance riders mean when they say that “To Finish is to Win.”
Endurance 101 is a step-by-step guide written in a relaxed narrative style with lots of pictures.
The anecdotes aren’t just entertaining–they highlight how critical details can contribute to a successful ride. Technical information is woven into the text and there are checklists and reminders to keep you on track as you prepare to compete. The plentiful sidebars, comprehensive index, glossary of useful terms and links to more information provide references for the researcher.
– Learn why endurance is such an addictive sport.
– Follow conditioning guidelines and see your horse become fit and eager to see what lies around the next corner.
– Find comfortable tack and clothing — and you won’t have to change it for competition.
– Learn more about your horse’s nutrition, hoof needs, metabolic requirements and use the knowledge to help him be a happier, healthier athlete.
– Form a unique bond with your horse and with other riders.
– Have more fun than you will ever believe!
Endurance 101 is “the next best thing to a human mentor,” according to equestrian journalist Merri Melde.
Riders seeking a straightforward, easy-to-read book will love Endurance 101’s mix of narrative and practical, step-by-step advice on everything from packing the trailer to keeping the horse sane, sound and safe through the conditioning process. Storms’ enthusiasm for her chosen sport will rapidly infect newcomers, and even experienced riders will look at their riding and training routines with fresh eyes.
You won’t want to miss taking a ride in the company of Storms while dodging her nemesis, the Bad Idea Fairy, along the trail. Laugh and learn. Endurance 101 is the book you’ve been waiting for.
In the words of endurance powerhouse Dennis Summers,
“Read this book, cinch up tight and get-r-done!”
You will feel like a winner too when you get your first completion award!
Preview the third chapter – Beginning the Training At Home – in a free sneak peak:
Check out the new “Readers Review” page at the link above – we appreciate all the support! [/caption]
– – – – – – – – – – – – –